FINDING THE PERFECT KIDS DESK WITH STORAGE FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR
October 6, 2021
What does the back to school season mean for your family? We know that studying for and attending school looks different for many families in 2021. Maybe you’re facing a hybrid school set up for your kids, or maybe they’re back at school full time. No matter their situation, your kids will need a functional, dedicated space to spend time on schoolwork.
What option will work best for your kids? We recommend a suitably-sized kids desk with storage and a simple chair. In this article we will review our top picks for a kids desk with storage and without storage to give you helpful information and make this important decision.
Our Top Picks for the Best Kids Desk With Storage (1000)
- The Studio Duc Juno doublewide desk is the best option for a kids desk with storage. This innovative desk gives your child extra room to stretch their legs during those late night homework and study sessions. The Juno desk also features a set of 3 vertically-stacked drawers on either side, giving ample room for storage. Each set of drawers are fitted with soft close glides to keep fingers from getting pinched or drawers from being slammed shut. Thin modern panels made from Birch are highlighted by a light, natural wood finish, all making this desk an attractive feature for any room. Don’t worry about spending hours fiddling with parts and small crews because the Studio Duc desk is remarkably easy to assemble - often in just 15 minutes. Studio Duc has added a host of thoughtful other touches to their production of the Studio Duc collection, including the use of non-toxic glue and finishes, and US-based manufacturing. If you’re looking for a solid color piece, this doublewide desk is also available in onyx or white. The flexibility in colors allows you to customize your Studio Duc to get the perfect match.
- Studio Duc does it again with this incredibly attractive, modern take on a kids desk with storage. The Indi doublewide desk is a sleek and thoughtfully designed piece that has an open top with a thin raised edge to keep papers, pencils, and supplies on the desk. Either side of the desk is outfitted with two open shelves that make storing and grabbing books or other items a snap. The best part is that these shelves are removable and adjustable to best suit your child’s needs. Underneath these shelves (on both sides) are a larger storage cabinet with a trendy, decorative metal handle and magnetic latches. The desk sits on exposed square legs which adds a little bit of extra sophisticated appeal, even if this will be used as a kids desk! Like other Studio Duc products, you can trust the safety and quality of this desk, which is made in the USA of non-toxic materials. Available in either white or midnight blue, the Indi collection by Studio Duc easily beats most competitors.
- If you want a scaled back but still fully functional kids desk with storage, look no further than the Juno (singlewide) desk. Just like the doublewide, the standard Juno has a beautiful natural wood finish that lets the natural birch color shine through. With three drawers positioned to the right hand side, this desk still provides excellent storage solutions without being too large. The soft-close hinges make each drawer easy and quiet to open and close using the cut-out handles at the top of each drawer. At 48 inches wide, this slim desk easily fits into even small rooms and spaces. This Juno desk can also be ordered in natural birch, white, or black depending on your design preferences and overall color scheme. If you want some other good news, Nini and Loli has partnered with Studio Duc to cap shipping costs at $149 no matter how many pieces of Studio Duc furniture you order ($199 for certain western states).
- For young kids that need a place to sit and read books, color pictures, or let their imaginations go to work, Plantoys makes an excellent table and chair combo that’s perfectly sized for toddlers up to several years old. The small desk does feature two small storage bins that are just right for storing small toys or coloring supplies. The modern bent wood design gives this desk a stylish appeal that looks when paired with many colors and styles, and the curved chair remains comfortable even during long periods of play. Additionally, the top of the desk can be written on with chalk!
- Our final recommendation for the best kids desk with storage also comes from Studio Duc, and it’s called the Indi Art Desk. This art desk is sleek, trim and includes seating for the ultimate combination of utility and aesthetics. Five adjustable organizers are aligned along the front edge of the desk, giving your child plenty of places to stash all of their supplies, electronics, and assignments. The wide-set design also makes this desk very stable, despite its length. The two-seater bench has plenty of room for one child and a companion. White and midnight blue color options give parents flexibility to pick a version of this desk that fits their child’s study room or bedroom.
Kids Desk Collections
Kids Desk Without Storage
In the section above we reviewed the top choices for kids desks with storage, but there are other desks that might also work great for your child. Because we wanted to be as thorough as possible, we had to include a few “minimalist options.” Even though these didn’t make it into our list of the best kids desks with storage rankings, they’re still beautiful and perfectly sized desks to help your child study at home.
- The Brooklyn desk, made by Ouef, is a great option for parents who want to invest in a high-quality desk that will grow with their child and not have to be replaced once their child’s legs start to get a little longer. This trendy-looking desk has functionality built into every component. For example, the desk is height adjustable and features maneuverable storage boxes that can be moved to different positions on top of the desk. These wood storage boxes are also different sizes, making them useful for different types of storage. Although the desk is only available in white, this stylish desk matches just about any decor. The rounded corners on each side and light wood grain make this desk look like something you might see in an art museum, even though it can be used right in your own home!
- The Juno Playtable by Studio Duc is the ultimate option for a children’s work desk that meets any need imaginable. An amazingly thin design and a large, blank top gives your kids unlimited possibilities for creative play, school work, puzzles, painting, Legos, and any other activity that requires a flat, sturdy surface. In fact, the table top is actually made to be drawn on with dry-erase markers! If you’re looking for a play table and desk combination that has seating for multiple children, check out the Juno playtable and playstool combination from Studio Doc. Kids can stand or sit at the sides of this table, making it the perfect addition to a family room or basement.
A Desk and Chair Make the Perfect Pair
If any of the desks we’ve referenced so far have caught your eye, you’ll also need a comfortable and stylish chair to pair with the desk. Here are a few options for chairs that will work well for various ages of children.
- This small, curved wood desk chair from Plantoys is a beautifully simple and practical chair that’s perfect for younger children. The solid construction, sturdy design, and gently angled back will support your child during hours of play or study.
- The rabbit-shaped chair from Oeuf is an adorable and practical addition to any desk. Once again, the curved wood chair form provides a comfortable surface for young kids. This chair works well for children of varying ages and sizes, and the white colored legs and natural-wood finish look amazing with many styles of desk.
Additional Storage Options
If you opt for a desk that doesn’t include storage, you’re going to need other places to put all of those books, assignments, pencils, and millions of other school supplies. We recommend grabbing a few other bins and baskets to help round out your storage options.
- This light grey basket with tassels from Lorena Canals is an ideal place to store books, toys, and other items that you likely want quickly accessible but also hidden from view and away from little fit where they might be a trip hazard. The soft cloth and trendy tassels make this storage basket a style statement and functional piece. The circular basket is handmade from 100% cotton.
- For a fun option with helpful handles and a fun design, take a look at this cloth storage bin from Petite Pehr. The heavyweight, durable canvas give this basket it’s stand-up rigidity and makes it an ideal choice for storing all kinds of supplies, blankets, plants, and more. As a plus, the pom poms add a little flair of fun.
Don’t Forget Vertical Storage Options
Add functionality to your child’s study area or bedroom with a beautiful wooden bookshelf.
- This stately, tall Juno bookcase from Studio Duc holds tons of books, puzzles, games, and toys. With 4 adjustable shelves and a beautiful birch finish (or two other available color options), this bookcase looks great and provides plenty of storage space for a school area, nursery, or family room.
- This sleek, low-set Indi bookshelf from Studio Duc is a cool and functional option for any room in your house. The angled top and two lower shelves give you plenty of space for storage without making this shelf too tall. The fixed and covered backside of the shelf makes it extra sturdy.
- The standard Juno bookcase is the ultimate option in no-frills, practical bookcases. The small size of this bookcase makes it a great option for a nursery where your child can crawl or walk up to the shelves to retrieve their favorite book or toys. The white, black, and natural wood options give you flexibility when designing the perfect play area.
- For something whimsical and completely different than your standard bookcase, Babyletto makes a delightful Spruce Tree bookcase. Bring some of the storybook charm into your child’s play area and store their books or toys more creatively. The tree’s branches mount to your wall to create alternative shelves that are as inspirational as they are practical.
There are lots of options available for a children’s work desk. Contact Nini and Loli today to learn more about how we can help you build a usable and beautiful space for your child to learn and grow.